South Carolina Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Motorcycle crashes can cause serious injuries, often changing the course of your life in an instant. One distracted driver, one wrong move – and before you know it, your ride ends in a hospital bed instead of your intended destination. Physical recovery is only one part of the equation, with extensive medical expenses now heaped on top. Many South Carolina residents injured in motorcycle accidents are left wondering how they’ll face their new reality.
David Taylor Law is a strong advocate for motorcyclists here at home, helping injured riders on the road to recovery – and working to ensure a safer ride for the miles that follow. It’s our compassionate approach that sets our motorcycle accident lawyers apart and our commitment to your future that gets results.
Common Types of Motorcycle Crashes
If you’ve been hurt while riding a motorcycle, one of the following scenarios might have caused your accident:
- Drunk or distracted driving
- Car turned in front of you at an intersection
- Hit a patch of gravel
- Weather conditions reduced road traction
- Went around a curve or corner too quickly
- Car unexpectedly changed lanes
- Sudden stop caused a car to hit you from behind
- Locked your front brake
- Car opened its door
Don't wait to get help. Contact our attorneys at (843) 620-0065 for a consultation today.
How to Avoid Being Injured in a Motorcycle Accident
While not every accident is avoidable, there are precautions that motorcycle riders can take to reduce their risk of being hurt in a motorcycle crash. To prevent common crash injuries, including head/neck/spinal cord trauma, broken bones, cuts and scrapes, keep the following in mind:
- Never ride under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Always wear a helmet to prevent head injury.
- Obey the speed limit and rules of the road.
- Check the forecast to avoid riding on slippery roads or in reduced visibility situations.
- Never ride between parked cars and free-flowing traffic lanes.
- Stay out of blind spots to prevent car accidents.
- Keep an eye out for potential hazards such as potholes, animals and uneven pavement.
- Watch for cyclists and pedestrians to avoid bicycle accidents or harm to others.
Keep in mind that approximately half of all accidents involving one motorcycle are the result of alcohol or speeding. Don’t let one reckless decision define your future – or possibly end your life.
“Working with them was like working with friends I had known forever. Very professional but not intimidating.” - Barbara B.
“Best decision I ever made. They stood right next to me from the very beginning.” - Victor V.
“He has helped me through some very difficult times and has done so with kindness and compassion.” - Barron N.
Motorcycle Crash Statistics
The following 2017 data from the South Carolina Department of Public Safety offers insight into South Carolina motorcycle accidents:
- 66% of motorcycle riders killed in an accident were not wearing a helmet.
- 59% of those suffering non-fatal injuries were not wearing a helmet.
- 86% of motorcyclists involved in traffic collisions are men.
- 56% of motorcyclist fatalities result from collisions with another vehicle.
- The most fatal collisions occurred in September.
The Compensation You Deserve
If a reckless or distracted driver is responsible for your bike accident, you need an attorney who knows the rules of the road and has trusted experience handling South Carolina motorcycle accidents.
Our team will fight for the benefits you deserve, including compensation for medical bills, lost wages and property damage – and in the most tragic cases, wrongful death.
At David Taylor Law, we’ll handle all the details of your motorcycle accident case so that you can focus on your recovery. To get started, contact our team today to schedule your free consultation!