South Carolina Burn Injury Lawyers
Most people have suffered minor burns in the kitchen or around the house, but a serious burn requires more substantial medical treatment. Because burns can be incredibly difficult to treat, the medical costs incurred are often very high – and the pursuit of burn injury damages can be as involved as the medical treatment itself.
That's why it's important to hire a burn injury attorney who has trusted experience handling medical cases in South Carolina. David Taylor Law has a reputation for quality, compassionate service and will hold the responsible party accountable, fighting for the compensation you deserve. If you or a loved one suffered a serious burn due to someone else's negligence in South Carolina, our law firm can help.
Types and Degrees of Burns
Burns can occur anywhere, but are often categorized as one of the following:
- Thermal burn: Involves contact with a heated object (metal, steam, flame, etc.)
- Chemical burn: Occurs when skin comes in contact with a toxic/hazardous substance
- Flash burn: Involves an explosion
- Inhalation injury: Happens when a person breathes in fumes from chemicals or smoke
The severity of the burn is indicated by degree, determined by the layers of skin that are impacted.
- 1st degree burn: These burns are common, and most can be easily treated at home.
- 2nd degree burn: More severe than first degree, these burns affect the next layer of skin and depending on the size, will likely require a visit to the doctor.
- 3rd and 4th degree burns: These burns are severe and not only impact the skin, but often the bone and muscle underneath. They require immediate medical attention to prevent infection.
Whether you’re seeking a 2nd degree burn injury attorney or need legal guidance after a more severe burn, David Taylor Law in South Carolina can help get your future back on track.
Depending on the severity and circumstances of your burn, you may be eligible for compensation for the following burn injury damages:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disfigurement
- Physical impairment
- Workers’ Compensation (if you sue for a burn at work)
- Funeral / burial costs (in wrongful death cases)
- Punitive damages (in cases of deliberate misconduct)
“Working with them was like working with friends I had known forever. Very professional but not intimidating.” - Barbara B.
“Best decision I ever made. They stood right next to me from the very beginning.” - Victor V.
“He has helped me through some very difficult times and has done so with kindness and compassion.” - Barron N.
If you've suffered a serious burn in South Carolina, the personal injury attorneys at David Taylor Law are licensed to help. Let our law firm help take the sting out of the legal process, walking alongside you toward the compensation you deserve. We’re eager to get an attorney-client relationship formed, starting with your free consultation. Call David Taylor Law today to schedule.